Monday, August 28, 2006

Starting to get comfortable

Well we are moving in nicely aren't we? Put some paint on the walls (thanks to the Beav), added some links. Just a few more 'things' to hang up.

I allowed myself to play DAoC tonight. It is Sunday and I worked hard all week, I figure I deserve it. I could sure tell I hadn't played in awhile. Although we did play in Thidranki tonight, which is a lower lvl battleground(call it baby RvR), and only the second time I have ever played a healer. My response time is way down though.

I just realized I had not done a "what I'm reading now" in a while. I am currently reading Agatha Christie Death in the Air. A Herucle Poirot. Next to Ms Marple, Herc is my favorite. Funny but true, this book has a copyright date of 1935 and one of the suspects is addicted to coke! I know that cocaine has been around for forever, and that in other books veiled references are made to the use of it and other drugs. Just not something I was expecting in mainstream print in 1935, a drunk I could accept, that the murdered person was a loan shark okay, but drug addiction talked about so freely during that time, just strikes me as odd. Now, if I could just figure out how the murderer managed to shoot a blow gun in a plane with no one seeing....I'd be one up on Mr. Poirot, but I have my suspicions that the "blow gun" found isn't the actual murder weapon...we shall see gentle reader..we shall see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beav said...

Well, you know Sherlock Holmes reguarly used Heroin (I think, though it may have been Cocaine) when he didn't have a case to distract him. I think it's only portrayed directly in one or two stories, but it was definitely there. And that was around 1900.

8/28/2006 04:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home