Monday, August 21, 2006

Welcome to the new home.

Okay, here we are. Please feel free to look around. I know its not very exciting or even very 'me', yet, but give me time to get the feel for the place and that may change. I decided not to ditch the old digs completely at this time. I probably won't be posting there much, but I want to keep my old entries and photo's and such.

I remember when I built the old place it took me awhile to get it just the way I liked it, and I imagine the same will happen here.

Now, I have it set so that EVERYBODY should be able to post with out having to sign up for anything! For those that are familiar with this space, skip on down, for those that aren't (mom, I'm talking to you, and you too Steph) let me tell you how to comment so you don't get confused.

Click on the link that reads comments (yes just like the old place). Now all the comments other people have made are on the left, you can scroll down and read them(I believe this site does oldest at top and newest at the bottom.Less confusion that way). On the right, you see that empty box? That's where you type out what you want to say. Don't let the box fool you, you can make your comment as long,or short as you want. Look just under that box. See where it says: blogger O other O anonymous O? Okay, if you don't have a blog here(at blogger) click your mouse on the OTHER O . Yes, you can pick Anonymous if you want, jeesh , let me finish okay?

Where was I ? Oh yeah. Once you select Other (or anonymous), the box's below those words will change. If you picked OTHER (like I told you to) you can put in the name you want to appear by your post. Mom, for you this would be 'mom', unless you'd like to make up a tag for yourself and thereby be able to deny(in public at least) that you are my mother. For example K likes to change her handle on Beav's site by quoting lines from Billy Joel songs, but we all know it's her :) . If you chose anonymous it will just say 'anonymous'. Once you have completed those steps all that is left to do is click 'publish'. At least I think that's what it says. You will also be given the option to 'preview' your comment if you want.

I will put a link on the old place to connect to this place, so no one gets lost until we are used to the move. To make things a bit easier, I was blessed in being able to keep my name with one little change, from justasmalltowngirl1 to justasmalltowngirl2, isn't that nice?


I don't mean to cut this short, but I need to go change my signature and update the changes to the old site. Don't forget the Blog chain#5 is up and rolling. I will repost those links here soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bhaswati said...

Woohoo! Good to see you in your new home. Take your time and look through templates and stuff to do up the decor just the way you want.

It's good that we can actually talk to you here now. Congrats!

8/22/2006 12:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home, sweet home. Just try to take care of it regularly. Post as frequently as you can. Here, sometimes you will have spam attack. Don't feel disheartened. It happens to all of us.

8/22/2006 03:50:00 AM  
Blogger Beav said...

Actually, they're all Billy Joel titles, but you meant well. ;)

8/22/2006 04:47:00 AM  
Blogger Cath Smith said...

Hey - glad you found a new home! I think you should put a link to your old blog here so your old posts get read too!

8/22/2006 06:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never yet not claimed you in public. Nor have I killed you in private. Hope the new digs work out for you, sorry you had to change. I've actually been thinking of starting one of these blog things myself, but don't really have anything to say, so why waste the space? Later M

8/22/2006 09:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not ignoring ya'll. I just can't get into my own dashboard.

Several attempts to retrieve my "new" password have failed miserably! On the brightside Murphy is laughing his ass off!

8/23/2006 07:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A new blog entry is up at the old place. justasmalltowngirl1.live.spaces.com

8/23/2006 04:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home