Friday, September 01, 2006

Commercials and what they 'expect' us to believe.

I was minding my own business, watching tv with the kids, when I saw a new Dominos Pizza commerical. They are now offering 10 warm brownie bites with fudge dipping sauce as a dessert. This in and of itself is a good thing. My problem came with the comerical's believabilty. The delivery guy walks up to the door and rings the bell he has 'fudg'ems' with him to promote this new dessert. Fudg'ems is a 4 foot by 2 foot brownie, he is chocolate and apparently warm. Mom pats his cute little head, and says how nice it is to meet him, getting warm brownie all over her hand. Daughter hugs Fudg'em, and smears chocolate all over her face and sweater.
You mean to tell me that these Ad ex's think that we are about to believe that a 4 foot brownie is going to walk up to our door, ring the bell to deliver the "pizza", and we are going to just let it waltz back down the side walk? I don't think so! You show me one female that would let a 4 foot brownie walk away from her...and I'll show you a LIAR!

David is thinking of breaking up with his girlfriend. "Cause she always wants me to sit with her and her friends at lunch." Ashley broke up with her boyfriend, before he had a chance to break up with her. Justin is still seeing his girlfriend, but she is grounded for the weekend. So Justin is doing community service for JROTC. Tonight he helped direct traffic for the football game, and tomorrow morning he is going up to the school to help clean up the stadium. Chris is in rehearsals twice a week for the school play.

I do appreciate that, for once, we live close enough to the kids schools that they are able to walk to and from. This gives them more independence and allows them the chance to participate in more activities. Not to mention how much more relaxed the morning is. No more rushing and around in a tisy if we over sleep a bit, because there is no bus to catch.

Hubby has been doing job interviews all this week. We have a few prospects and as soon as something is concrete I will let you know.

I hope those of you that read the flash fiction pieces this week enjoyed it. I also hope you got a chance to read several of the pieces and commented on them. If you didn't please scroll down the page till you find the flash fiction post. They are all listed with links so just click and go :)
I'm going to keep doing it for a while. This event is open to anyone who wants to join in. Peregrinas is hosting the event and all instructions are listed at her site.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is settling down a little, I know that's a good thing. I loved the flash fiction piece you wrote, really well done, I thought.

9/05/2006 09:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home