Friday, September 01, 2006

Small Bookstores...

I want to own a book store or at least work in one. Own would be better I think. I have wanted this off and on for years. I hate when I go to a bookstore and the person behind the counter is watching tv. I would not have a tv in my bookstore, or a radio. My kids could sit behind the counter and do homework, I could take my dogs to work with me. I could read anything and everything. I could sell some of my cross stich or my friends candles and crafts, my sisters jewelry. I could stock all my favorite authors. Maybe I'm a reader not a writer? I don't know. It's just a dream, a thought that lingers at the back of my mind..people ask what you would do with a million dollars that is always one of my answers.

When I have to show a setting in one of my plots I access that file cabniet in my mind that stores all of my 'dream' spots. My dream house, my dream book store, my dream vacation, my dream farm...there are tons of layouts in there. I blame the blue print books my parents had laying around the house when I was younger. That and my friend Julie and I found this wonderful use for graph paper one spring break. We discovered that though we couldn't draw we could use the graph paper to design some awesome houses.

One house looked perfectly normal from the outside, but from the air you could see that the bottom level was a square, the second level was a triangle, and the third level was a circle. I think we made the circle into a ballroom/skating ring. I don't remember exactly. Another house was made completely of pvc pipe and stained glass. It would only work on an island, where there was no threat of a hurricane..so basicly no where.

Julie had an energy that fed creativity. Be it trying to track down our favorite group and running up her parents phone bill to call New York city, or Orlando to how we would run away to New York and become famous models. Our signiture was going to be that we would always be in the same picture with one another (kind of like the sandler/schnider thing before they did it).

Even now when I write sometimes I hear her in the back of my mind..oh and then they can find this and it leads to that and my mind responds great idea, but what if ...I wonder will I have to pay her royalties when I get published?

It has been 15 years since I last saw her, actually I think it's more like 16 and yet she is still a big part of my life and who I am. She and Caron. I miss them both or at least what they are/were to me. I often wonder where they are and what paths their lives have taken. I have tried off and on over the years to find them but so far the fates aren't leaning in that direction.

But I can picture the afternoon where the three of us get to meet up ...for lunch..at the rainbow room..nah the Russian Tea room?...nope..where shall we meet....in my dreams

Pr. E. M. for ever

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very evockative, I remember it well. Especially the telephone bills, it wasn't just Julie's parents that got nailed ya know!

9/01/2006 01:13:00 PM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

But mommm, I was hunting down a lead! LOL ;)

9/01/2006 03:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go halfers on the bookstore if ya want. :) But I need music... Classical, maybe a bunch of opera... :D And we could have laptops there to write when it's quiet. :D Plus we'd never run out of reading material. :D

9/04/2006 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

LOL, that's the spirit Laurie :)

9/04/2006 02:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home