Friday, September 08, 2006

Sorry Mr. Pitt, I'm not that stupid....

Wow. I can only hope that Ms. Jolie isn't really this dumb and is in on the whole statement.
Mr. Pitt annouced in an interview with Esquire magazine that he will not get married until everyone in the united states has the right to marry whomever they choose. Article

I applaud Mr. Pitts efforts in human rights issues, but in this instance I call bullshit!
You've already tried to convince us that you never cheated on your wife, or left her for another woman. Now you want us to believe that your decision, to not marry the woman who gave birth to your child, is out of a feeling of "equality for all"?

This just sounds like hollow reasoning, or one you hope she, and we, will buy.
I would have been more inclined to listen, had you married her and issued a statement in the lines of how you wish everyone could make the same kind of public commitment.

Now what I'm thinking is that your a sleazy, want your cake and eat it too, schmuck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kappa no He said...

I thought that was pretty silly as well.

I still think she's gonna eat him up and spit him out before too long.

9/08/2006 07:39:00 PM  
Blogger Meredyth said...

I agree. You summed up my thoughts exactly!

9/09/2006 12:39:00 AM  
Blogger Talia said...

"social activist", yeah right!

What do these women see in him? Is this a case of falling for a good looking guy who has no substance, or has he been misquoted (I know it happens).

I think his ego is way out of proportion with reality. Thanks for the interesting link

9/09/2006 01:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that so many people see through what is obviously a media statement. Besides, WHO CARES?!

9/09/2006 11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home