Friday, September 15, 2006

The things our pets do....

I have had pets for most of my life. I have been around animals all of my life. I could probably write a book about some of the odd things I have seen animals do. Rickyticky, my Grandmother Connies cat. He sat on top of the fridge, waiting for some hapless victim to walk by, in order to launch himself at them, claws fully extended.
My Aunt Toot's horse fruitloops(yep crazy as his name) who loved to chew ice. He would run at me full gallop and stop right in front of me, taking a cube of ice right out of the cup. I have had a dog that climbed trees. A dog and cat that took turns watching each others babies, while the other went outside to take care of buisness. I have even had a cat that went swimming, on purpose.

However the current cats in residence do something that completely baffles me. I say cats, because we are uncertain which of the four is doing the deed. One of them is stealing cigarettes. Not one at a time or even two out of a pack. No they are taking the entire pack off of the bedside table while I sleep and hiding it. The first time this happened, the oldest child got blamed. He denied it, but we did not believe him; Until the pack was found, under my bed, in the back corner, with teethmarks.

I have seen dogs that steal cigarettes, usually they will lay right out in the open and chew on the pack til it is demolished. Leaving little pieces of cigarette laying around, the top of the box ripped off and with dogs it is usually the box pack that gets it. I have seen them chew cigarette cases as well, mostly leather ones. So from a dog I can undestand this behavior, but a cat?

This has occured three times now. Max has been elemenated as a suspect for the most part. He has never exhibited any signs of this nature before and has taken to sleeping with the girl, instead of in our room. That leaves Maal, Slappy, and Zoey. I f the packs were just slightly battered I might believe that Slappy did it and that the teeth marks where really claw marks. The state of the cigarettes themselves end that theory. The animal in question is biting through the box and into the cigarettes hard enough to leave holes. There is no sign of repetative chewing, but multiple bite wounds. Once the pack has been suitably ravaged, it is then drug into the den of this murdering beast. So now not only do I have to keep my eye on my oldest, I must be on my guard against the felines of this house....

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could quit. Oops! I didn't say that.

9/15/2006 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Beav said...

And I wasn't going to say it, either.

9/15/2006 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

LOL, love you guys too,...but no :)

9/15/2006 06:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chicken!

9/16/2006 09:05:00 AM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

bawk, bawk

9/16/2006 12:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lil sissy said....

maybe ur cats are telling u something

9/16/2006 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

That is hilarious. We must have some sorta' psychic chain going on!

You should put up pictures of the cats! As much as my animals drive me nuts, I adore them. I can't believe all those nutty animals you have known.

9/16/2006 06:02:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly Curtis said...

Too funny! stealing cigarettes. We think my mom's dog stole my daughter's retainer. Animals must have an oral fixation;)

Kelly

9/18/2006 11:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had two cats (still have one of them) who played fetch with me. You know, like dogs do. :D Cuz, you know, no one told them that cats don't play fetch. :D

10/01/2006 08:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Siding Contractors Kendall said...

Hello nicce post

11/05/2022 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home