Monday, October 30, 2006

Blah Blah Blah

Yep, that's how I've been feeling too. I sit down to write, anything, and this is what I hear.."wha wha wha" like the adults off screen in a Charlie Brown cartoon. My concentration is shot, gone, left no fowarding address, and my urge to write went with it. I cut myself off from everything blog, e-mail, game and stared at my WIP. Guess what happened ...nothing,nada, zilch. Don't know why even. Tried to write for FireFlys holloween thing, PTHT!

On the home front, they finally let my dad out of the hospital and he seems to sound much better. Dad does not do well in confind spaces. His voice over the phone seemed weaker everyday. Scared the heck out of hubby when he called to talk to him. With Allen just losing my grandfather last year, and his dad this year, my dad going into the hospital just upset him more. But as soon as Dad got home to his own place his voice came back stronger than ever and we all sighed with relief. I know that I am older, and that means my parents are older, but somehow in my mind they are locked in at their mid-30's. Yes, I realize that isn't at all probable. But mentally, when I picture my parents, that is how I see them. To hear age in their voice bothers me. Maybe, it's because I don't see myself aging, and there by hold everyone at the ages I am comfortable with. Ah who knows, certainly not me.

I feel sorry for my kids, I really do. When I was in school my parents where forced to wait on things, such as progress reports or report cards to know how I was doing. That gave me lots of time to goof off and do what I wanted to do, instead of actually study. My kids don't have that option. The poor little buggers. No, in this day and age of instant information and technology I can see their grades daily, know what homework has been assigned, and can even tell you what they got on their most resent test. I try not to "abuse" this privalge, by only checking grades once a week or two. Trying to instill trust and responsibility in them, then I remember "oh, yeah, they're kids", when I check the grades and see what I saw this week. Not a single one has the minium requirement of C's or better. David is the best off, with only having 1 D and 1 F to pull up. Although his Math grade is a tightrope act at the moment. The others? Well, I'd rather not talk about it.

Fall is in the air,and on the Gulf Coast, that means cool nights and comfortable days in between rain showers. I really don't have a "favorite" season, although August is my least favorite month. Season changes here mean menu changes; and that, is always a good thing! Less stove top meals or salads and more hearty fare will begin to appear on the table. Slow cooked stews or a good pot of corned beef and cabbage started in the morning on the back burner and simmering all day, corn bread muffins covered in butter. yum yum. All ready my eyes are on the baking shelf when I open the pantry. A few cans of pumkin filling and some apple pie filling are calling my name. That reminds me...I need to call my Grandma get Papa's turnip pie recipe.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you really going to bake a turnip pie? It uses the root, I hope, you KNOW how I feel about the greens. We had a foot of snow on Thursday and Saturday and Sunday the temps were back into the seventies. Tomorrow it'll be the forties, if we're lucky. Fall in the Rockies!

10/30/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

okay maybe it should be called cassarole? the crust is made of crackers (yummy) and yes it uses the greens and the meat,yummy yummy

10/30/2006 04:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH

10/31/2006 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

I went to meet Julyan's teacher and have a bit of a meeting. When I got to his desk and I could not remove the drawers...they were so stuff full of crap (I have had this problem before). It was very hard not to cry in front of his teacher and I pulled out, year old library books, chunks of wood and acorns.... (sniff).

11/01/2006 04:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/01/2006 04:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home