Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Oh sweet seductive chocolate...blog chain#7

What is it about chocolate that women adore? Oh I know not all women love it, but 99.9% of us do. For reasons beyond our ken. Not all woman (or people in general), like the same types of chocolate. Some adore white chocolate, others milk chocolate, some only like dark chocolate, and yet many love chocolate in any form.

I can not stand white chocolate. My reason is very similar to why I no longer like real butter. Take Easter, add a solid white chocolate lamb, and me; you can fill in the blanks by now I'm sure.

Milk chocolate in small doses is fine but not my favorite. It is to sweet and always requires (IMHO/in my humble opinion) a glass of milk or cup of coffee no sugar, to cut the sweet.

Dark chocolate..oh..dark chocolate: Its seductive silky texture, the way it dances on my taste buds, lightly touching and teasing a response from them, the thickness of it, one little morsel holds so much flavor. It assaults all of my senses at once; the rich scent engaging my nostrils in the euphoria that is about to occur, the smooth weight of it in my hand, and the hint of sweetness as it grazes my lips to meld with my taste buds, the final burst of endorphines causing my brain to call out in pure ecstasy..yes! yes! yes!

There is a reason when a woman gets cranky her friends will offer one of two solutions to her current mood. Offer #1...you need some chocolate. Offer #2 you need to get.....

It is all about the pleasure. Women love pleasure. We love pleasure so much, we can get pleasure from almost anything. Sitting in the sun letting its warm rays caress our skin. Light gentle kisses from a cooling breeze. Having a hard day at work..just emerse yourself in thoughts about getting home and settling into to a warm bubble bath, with a good book. See, already you can take a breath and some of the tension is gone.

Our minds allow us to tap that knowledge, we know how the warm water will feel on our skin, the heat seeping in to massage the muscles, and we power through with that one seductive thought in the back of our minds...

It is why women remind men of cats, we are both sensual beings.

edited to add, the thought of chocolate made me lightheaded I forgot the next link. peggy is up!

12 Comments:

Blogger Meredyth said...

Fantastic post. I say this as I reach for some chocolate on my desk...

YUMMY!

10/04/2006 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger Harbormaster said...

I was never a huge fan of chocolate until I visited my daughter in Belgium. They have great dark chocolate (and beer) there!

10/04/2006 04:24:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy K said...

Dark chocolate is definitely the best choice. It goes nicely with well aged red wine . . . sitting in a warm bubble bath . . . with soft music playing . . . mmmmmmmm.

10/04/2006 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger Cath Smith said...

You can count me in the 0.01%.

Sure, I'll eat chocolate if it's there, but I don't crave it, or go nuts if I can't have it.

Huh - just wierd, I guess.

Nice post, Beka. :)

10/04/2006 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger Talia said...

Hmmmmmm I love chocolate. All sorts of chocolate. Actually the story about chocolate is long and complicated - the short version is that they stimulate beta endorphins and women tend to be lower on these than men. A lot more complicated than that but there you have it, science proves we "should" eat chocolate

10/05/2006 04:12:00 AM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

I agree! Dark...bitter...mmmm! I too don't like white; hence, my son loves it. He says it is the only kind he can buy that I won't eat. *coughcough*


(harbormaster...Chocolate and beer, I'm going to Belgium!

10/05/2006 05:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ate too much chocolate today. It's not my fault. Truly. My students ate to much chocolate today too. All in the interest of learning and all inspired by the AW chain.

10/05/2006 05:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am fond of sweet but not of chocolate. In fact, we have so many kind of traditional sweets that I never feel any special attraction towards chocolates.

10/05/2006 07:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good, descriptive writing. I need to go to the store now!

10/05/2006 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Oh geez. My wife has read this post. Now you got her all riled up.

I like chocolate, but I don't really understand the whole love affair.

Unless we're talking Rolos. I love me my rolos.

10/07/2006 01:09:00 AM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

mmmm frozen rollo's (said in dreamy voice) as for your wife...you could choose option #2 ;)

10/07/2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly Meding/Kelly Meade said...

White chocolate is my favorite, especially the Lindt truffles. My oh my...

10/22/2006 01:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home