Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I want my Holloween (sung to I want my MTV)

Ahh, Holloween. Spooks, Goblins, and bumps in the night. Fairy Princess', Batman, Darth Vadar, Hobo's, and Magician's in which I delight.

This year there were none. Not one trick or treater. What is wrong with society? Where have all the goonies gone? I sat and I sat, with my bowl of treats, waiting for my eyes to take in the splendor of All Hollow's Eve American style.

This being the start of the end for me,as far as Holloween goes. I faced my new role as treat giver extrodinare with pleasure. My plan was get children ready, settle in game for a little RvR and pass out candy. Then when the door stopped knocking to watch the Ghost Hunters live on Sci-fi. Good plan right? Just...not what happened.

Chris went to his first Holloween party. Sans costume other than a Willy Wonka hat he picked up a few weeks ago. His B-day present to himself. Ashley and David went out with Justin, his girlfriend, and her brother and sister, in their neighborhood. I sat alone. Although Ashley was a very pretty Runemistress in her, gothic princess gown and cool skull staff we picked up for her. David was chilling in his role as death, complete with a double headed executioner axe and skull mask, with fake blood that he could make run down the mask. No, I didn't take pictures. Someone (not naming names *Allen*) forgot to get film.

RvR was a bust. Although we had talked about it off and on all day. I went to the "crazy witch Merchant" and bought a bunch of potions to make me look like a toon from a different realm. Not that many showed, then lag and Ld's and basicly getting farmed. On top of no trick or treaters, really bummed my night. Then I fell asleep watching Ghost Hunters. Luckly I had the forsight to record it and was able to finish watching it today. I actually enjoyed the episode more than I have in a long time. The background, scary noise they normally play was blissfully low. I could actually hear when people spoke to each other in whisphers and even caught with my own little ear voices, music, and foot steps before it was pointed out by the actual investigators. This is a gripe for another day though, I guess. Tonights episode is sure to be full of loud music and sounds to hurt my ears and cause that ball of frustration in my chest that makes me want to slap the producers and scream "Your KILLING A GREAT SHOW, you FLIPP"N MORRONS!", but I would never do that.

Speaking of killing great shows. Where was my Studio 60 this week? and why hasn't MEDIUM come back on yet? I think the excutives at NBC have some splain to do!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Beav said...

Absolutely official. Allen gets a boot to the head...with my good leg.

11/02/2006 07:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allen is toast, tell him to avoid me next time I'm in the state! Medium will be back NOV 15, I heard, at least I know its in Nov. I gave up on Ghost Hunters after two shows, you can't tell if what you are hearing is real or produced in the studio. Disapointing to say the least.

11/02/2006 09:50:00 AM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

I disagree that you can't tell, only because I have seen them get "excited" on investigation only to debunk it later. I appreciate that they don't believe every place is haunted. Unlike Most Haunted on the travel channel, which I think should be burned at the stake.

But that's what it's all about, taking your belief's and trying to back it up with science, even though you have faith..you still must test it by every means necessary.

11/02/2006 11:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, you've watched the show more often than I have, so I bow to your wider experience.

11/02/2006 03:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, the Halloween song is Fun! I wish I were so dedicated on my blog to repeatedly write long posts, but alas, I was not granted that gene. Well done!

11/14/2006 09:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your Halloween was a bust. We had a ton of kids visit us, at one point there was line that went almost to the corner!

11/14/2006 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Peggy K said...

That's a bummer that you didn't have any trick or treaters. This year I'm living in a new place and we had a ton - I actually had to turn off the porch light because I ran out of candy.

Oh, and I assume you've located Studio 60 and Medium since you wrote this post. I guess Studio 60 is on the chopping block, so it's nice to know at least one other person watches it :-)

11/16/2006 11:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home