Sunday, December 10, 2006

Blog Chain # 8/accountability.

Can you believe we are on Number 8 already? Asorum did a great job of linking the last chain to this one with his posthttp://www.harboradvice.com/2006/12/why-participate-in-aw-blogchain.html.

Asorum asked why participate. The chains are fun, comming up with ways to make an entire post with out covering the same ground the one before you covered. Or finding that one sentence that takes your brain in a totally different direction than the last post went.
For me however, the real reason is accountability.

If I give my word that I am going to do something I will place it higher on the priority check list I keep running in the background. With my personal writing, it will get pushed further and further down the list as life intrudes, until it is no longer on the list at all.

So in a way, I am being selfish. Because I have others depending on me, holding me accountable, I must write. I must engage that part of my brain that I otherwise might shut off.

Things in my life have changed rapidly in the past few weeks. We have moved and getting the internet turned on, at the new place took longer than I would have liked. I am also about to start working outside of the home again, so I know that my writing time is going to get cut into. But having things like Flash Fiction Friday, the Blog Chain and Comment Chains, will help me keep writing a top priority as I become accustome to my new routine.

For those of you who have stuck around and waited me out in my spuratic fits lately, thank you. I really have missed everyone very much.

Gillian is next in line this chain..I can't wait to see what our resident Proffesor has to say, she almost always brings a smile to my face when I read her posts.Gillian's Journal

And here is the list of everyone set to participate in the Chain this round:




A View From the Waterfront

Just a Small Town Girl

Gillian's Journal

Writing From Within

Down From the Garrett

Incoherent Blabbing From an Incoherent Person

Curiouser and curiouser

Peggy

BTGC Production Log

NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES

Fireflies in the Cloud


11 Comments:

Blogger Peggy K said...

I participate in the blog chain for the same reason - as a way to get me off (on?) my bum and posting.

I hope you are all settled into your new place. I know how exhausting it is to move.

12/10/2006 08:52:00 PM  
Blogger Harbormaster said...

I'm glad you're back on an even keel. I think I've sworn off moving. Writing in different venues does help keep the wheels turning and has given me many ideas. Seems like everything you write can contribute to something else you're doing.

12/10/2006 09:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back and running. Many pans in the fire may give you many things to put on paper.

12/11/2006 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

Wow, you moved! Hope things are calmed down and settled in enough so you all have the best of holidays!

I need to run through the chain and see what's up. I hope to participate again as soon as I get home.

12/11/2006 07:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Anut Bka,

I am doing good. I got a 100% on my S.S. Test last week. How is the family doing?

Love Always,
ALM

12/11/2006 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

Hey ALM! The family is doing good. I am going to miss you so much this christmas, but I love you and am thinking of you :)

12/11/2006 11:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still not sure about accountability (It's a very hard act to follow when posting :)). You made me think, which is also bad (it muddles the brain). Even worse is not posting more pictures of pets (OK, not this post - I just had to read the whole page of posts because it was words and words have to be read) so I could meet them all.

You know, what I like most about the blogchain is getting to know its members. What we need is an AW blogchain world tour where I get to visit you all too. Me, greedy? Perish the thought. :)

12/12/2006 06:11:00 AM  
Blogger Beav said...

When you say moved, do you mean you've moved out of your MIL's house? Or has the entire crowd moved with you?

12/12/2006 04:43:00 PM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

out of the Dragon's lair, into one of my own..brought my brood with me. For some reason they insisted on comming

12/12/2006 06:55:00 PM  
Blogger Cath Smith said...

Another mover. :) Hope all went well.

It's good to see you back, Beka - and with a post that makes me think too.

12/17/2006 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I was just saying the same thing in harbormaster's blog. If I didn't have that nudge in the butt every now and then, I'd never write anything.

2/19/2007 09:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home