Saturday, December 16, 2006

Things that bug me......

I really do try to keep the little things that get on my nerves to myself, for the most part at least. But, this year my list seems to be getting longer.

1) Christmas does not start on the day after Thanksgiving! The reason we are all so sick of the Holidays by the end of them is because we keep starting earlier and earlier. If your lights aren't out, your cards in the mail, your tree up and most of your christmas shopping done...then you have no Christmas spirit. To this I say Bah Humbug! I have lots of Christmas spirit. I just believe that before say December 15th, keep it in check. You might find you enjoy the season a little more.

2) I am sick of people saying you can't say Merry Christmas! If someone wants to wish me a happy Kwansa or Hanukkah I will cheerfully return the greeting. Stop stepping on my religious freedom because "it offends you!" A spanish teacher at my son's highschool, doesn't want the kids to say Merry Christmas it offends her religous belief's. Okay I can understand that, but don't offend mine in the process. And just a reminder as my friend Charlene pointed out...Jesus would be celebrating Hanukkah as well this time of year.

3) if your going to dress as Santa Claus...your kind of obligating yourself to be cheerful to the masses. Do not dress as Santa and then run around like the grinch.


Now to some better news. Allen and I always get a real tree. Not because we like having to water it or or vacume up needles every year, but because Allen doesnt' want to have to deal with storing a fake tree. He much prefers throwing it out when done, and besides they make decent mulch. This year with the move and all we were worried about being able to get a tree. Once again we have been blessed. The family that gave us Holly, and running the tree stand next to Allens job, came to him the other night and gave him a 6 ft douglas fir. How is that for awesome?

Oh another thing that is getting on my nerves...blogger is not letting me comment on peoples blogs. I make my comment, but in the word verification (if it's on) and sign me little name with password..blogger then tells me..I don't exsist. Except that most times I go to a blog..I'm signed into my blogger account..so you go figure that one out. But Matt, Kappa, Cath and everyone else...I am reading, just not being allowed to post back.

Tomorrow is my little sisters Birthday. I just want to take a second and wish her a Happy Birthday, and 28 years of stealing my limelight and generally being a pain in my butt. I hope she continues to do it for years to come. So Steph Ha,ha, ha...I don't know what your getting for your birthday....

Now if you excuse me...it's my first weekend off and I just got the new expansion for my game so if you need me I will be defending my realm and hopefully killing many enemies (or at least running with a large group of others that are killing many enemies)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanxs for tha happy b-day in your blog of corse i will still be a pain in your but cuz i love you!

12/18/2006 07:34:00 AM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

Merry Christmas to you! This is my first one in over five years so I'm ho-ho-ho-ing all over the place.

Now...how to get this all sent back home...???

Totally jealous of your real Christmas tree! (^-^)/

12/18/2006 08:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and good Solstice too! The same things bother me, so you know that the problem is genetic.

12/18/2006 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger Just telling it like it is said...

Merry Christmas I am with you..I have hardly done any Christmas shopping...cause well I believe Christmas should be more about spending time with the people you love...Chessy I know...Happy birthday Sephanie..my sister too will be 28 this comming year and she too continues is a pain in me arse but the bestest friend a girl could have...Cheers!! and some beer!!

12/20/2006 05:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home