Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What I Learned at Work Today

True or not I don't know, but customers will tell you interesting "facts" like the one I learned today. President Tyler was our most prolific president to date..and probably ever as he had 14 children. 7 by his first wife and 7 more by his second wife. President Tyler was vice president, and down on his knees playing marbles with his son, when he was informed he was the President of the United States. The previous president had died to a fever after only being in office for about 30 days. Today's lesson boys and girls? If you are going to be President wear a coat or at least a hat when giving a two hour speech on inaugeration day.

School is out for Christmas break. I refuse to call it "winter Break". I will not conform and if the conformist police show up at my house...well then you will know the country has really lost it's mind and freedom of expression is no longer allowed. Yes, I am aware that we have already given that freedom away to an extent. All I can say on that ...is I'm not the only one who voted for him and in a few years hopefully the next yahoo will make it right. But if you guys are holding your breath on that ..I have a nice bridge for sale, imported even.

Since we are talking about Presidents (okay I'm talking about them) did you know that President Ford is the only U.S. President to have never been elected to office? Just in case some news channel somewhere misses this... He was appointed Vice President by Nixon to replace Agnew, then assumed the Presidency when Nixon resigned. Isn't history cool?

I was dealing with Presidents past before President Ford passed away and the info for Tyler came up. The bank has periods of slowness, because it is a small town bank surrounded by big city banks; our customers are mostly older and use terms like "I've traded here since 19-- whatever" needless to say...periods of free time and boredom are not rare. So I have been taking the crossword puzzle to work with me and actually almost finishing it. One of the clues given was LBJ's veep. Now try as hard as I could I can not remember who his vp was. So anyone with the answer will win...my graditude. Baiscly I am to lazy to look it up and want to pass on the frustration I have been feeling for not knowing this to others. Aren't I sweet?

2 Comments:

Blogger Beav said...

I believe Hubert Humphrey (or HHH).

12/28/2006 08:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, that's him alright.

12/28/2006 12:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home