Monday, December 11, 2006

What I learned today....

I learned that standing in heels for 8hours, can seriously hurt your feet and lower back. I started my new job today, as a teller in a local bank. They do have chairs, but they want you stand while dealing with customers..which is understandable. However, I am not used to standing for such long periods of time, let alone in heels. By the time I got home tonight, Allen was calling me old woman, because I was truely hobbling up the sidewalk. I had bent over slightly to try and ease the pain off of my ankles (didnt' help) and I have a short strap purse, that normally hangs on my shoulder. Not tonight however, tonight it hung..yep you guessed it, in the crook of my arm.

Some new additions have been added to the family recently, and before you groan in horror let me splain... We recently came to the decision that Boogie needs to be let go soon. Although he still has good days they are fewer and further between. Most days he barely eats and just lays on the floor whinning. The tumors are spreading rapidly and it is hard on him and us. This left us with a problem. Bear does not like being the only dog. We had decided to look for a companion to come live with us for him. He really enjoyed playing with Candy, but I didn't want another small horse, so was in the mood for a medium size dog. Allen and Ashley quickly jumped on the chihuaha band wagon. They won. A tree seller near Allen's work was giving away Pom-Chi's. We now have Holly (didn't name her she came that way) a large hamster/small guina pig sized 7 week old, not housebroken puppy..oh joy oh rapture. But she is cute with her little button black eyes and ity bity black nose...and teeth sharp enough to cut panty hose to shreds when she greets you at the door, for leaving her all day to go to work.

Max was not a happy kitty when Holly came home. So once again we discussed getting a cat for the cat (yes I"m nuts I get that) wanted a 4-6 month old kitten to raise with the dogs and as a playmate for Max. The situation reached critical mass when Max ambushed me on the stairs trying to get me to play with him. My arms where full of laundry, and I'm a klutz...draw your own picture..I'm fine by the way, just a little bruised, the floor broke my fall. So Hermes came home tonight..or lets say we are feeling each other out. He is currently hiding under the couch refusing to speak to anyone. Although he was quite playful and loving at his previous owners when we met him. I am going to give him a few days and see how it goes. Max seems to like him in that he layed on the floor doing the cat stare down contest with out growling or attacking him. Hermes however did not trust this behavior.

Will put up pics of Holley soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kappa no He said...

What an adorable picture! Yea, cats take a bit longer to bond to the enviroment, I guess. I bet he'll be right as rain in a few days.

I think Santa's gonna be bringing some comfy shoes for Christmas! And...a massage chair...maybe? Lol

12/12/2006 10:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try wearing flats, if they'll let you, at least for 1/2 day. Prefferably in the afternoon. Also, make sure that you strech your calfs (stand on a step with you heel hangning off and press the heel down. It really helps with the foot cramps and will help stave off planter faceitous(sp).

12/12/2006 02:49:00 PM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

today was much better, wore lower, fatter heels lol. Flats are allowed, just not pants. Must wear skirts or a dress...stop laughing..it's not that funny

12/12/2006 06:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home