Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Working Title

Apparently some places still use a typewriter for certain tasks, the bank where I work is one of them. Lucky for me I went to highschool back in dark ages when typewriters where abundent. That's right boys and girls, there was a time when you took a typing class instead of keyboarding. So when taken over to this ancient machine I had a base knowledge of how it worked and it's functions. The machine at work is a newer model than the ones we had in high school though, so the paper adjustment knob doesn't exist. The person training me had quite a laugh when I reached over to turn the knob and my hand met nothing but air. Can anyone guess what the sound of typewriter keys striking does to the writer in me? It's like Pavlov's dogs, someone uses the typewriter and my fingers start to twitch.

Things on the homefront are settling down. Life with puppy is still a challenge. My children are in middle school an highschool, so you would think my days of toys all over the living room and baby gates where long gone, but no. I have the pleasure of trying to housebreak a puppy while working. Lucky for me the kitchen has one solid door and my sister had an old baby gate for the doorway into the dinning room. This would work better if the children remembered when letting the puppy out of the kitchen when they get home to carry her directly outside. Rain is also not my friend. The older dogs can hold it until inbetween showers to go outside. Holley has no concept waiting. It is a sad sad day when you start adding things like a carpet shampooer to your Christmas list for Santa, cause you really really want/need one. Leggs would like for me to invest in their company. The new job's dress code is skirts or dresses only and you must wear pantyhose everyday. Add puppy teeth and claws and you get .....yep a new pair of $4.00 hose every other day basicly. Sit has become our favorite game. I walk in the door, Holley spots me, she rushes at me tongue out, paws ready to jump on my leg, and I yell "Sit, Holley" which for the past few days she has been doing very well. She will run over and sit on my foot, then wait for me to walk away and attack the hose. If I leave them on the floor..bye bye hose. I guess you could say we are training each other. I don't leave my clothes on the floor as often as I used to. Ha ha mom don't you wish you had thought of that trick while I was growing up? It is working for Ashley too, she lost her favorite pair of underwear the other day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kappa no He said...

I still swear that typing was the my most useful class. Remember correction tape?? lol

Before we left our Cha Cha devoured a brand new, 10 dollar pair of Julyan's underwear. I cried.

PS It's not that I like to buy ten dollar underwear; it's just that that is how much even the cheap ones cost! We are sooo loading up on undies, socks, t-shirts...to say the least.

12/22/2006 08:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that Ginger didn't chew your clothes and that you had to learn this lesson in your "old age". Love you.

12/22/2006 01:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/25/2006 03:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/25/2006 03:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home