Saturday, January 20, 2007

Holy Coinage, Batman!

My friend Matt lives in Arizona and is paying much attention to the Arizona state quater to be released next year. See options here . My interest in coins has increased since I started working at the bank, I have to admit. And in this case I am with Matt's choice. The Navajo Wind Talkers deserve a quarter. So do the Tusgee Airmen.

Until yesterday...I never knew that the buffalo nickel has two options 1) realistic with the ability to urinate 2) sans the ability to urinate. Personally I don't see what all the huff was about, but keep your eyes out and put back the realistic ones..they will be worth more.



5 Comments:

Blogger Peggy K said...

I wouldn't have thought that there was enough detail on a nickel to be able to tell whether the buffalo was anatomically correct. Now I'll look more carefully :)

1/20/2007 06:19:00 PM  
Blogger David Wisehart said...

Anatomically incorrect buffalo?

No wonder they almost went extinct.

1/21/2007 12:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get back to work and quit leering at the wildlife.

1/23/2007 01:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

That is hilarious!

1/23/2007 05:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think the less endowed buffalo might be a female. You know gender equality?

1/26/2007 11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home