Wednesday, January 17, 2007

An Over Looked Lunch Choice.

Today, as I tried to master six errands on lunch break and still manage to eat, I decided to try an old favorite of mine...the fish sandwich. Now this could be a "Bk your just weird thing" or a "southern thing" but I love a good fish sandwich. It isn't very fattening, it's good for you and when you want a jolt of brain food..it's a good choice.

I remember, growing up, watching my Mom enjoy a fish sandwich for lunch. If we had fish patties the night before and any where left, Mom would just get out the bread, a little mayo if tarter wasn't available, the fish, and wahla..she was a happy camper. Then when I started Middle School fish sandwiches were offered on the menue a few times a week, with or without cheese..I always went cheese.

Today I had a fish sandwich from Burger King. Now Burger King makes their sandwich with some mayo and a little lettuce. I also had Onion Rings with their "zesty" sause, which was okay, if your a fan of horseradish. I am not. But I digress.

McDonalds actually beats out BK in the fish sandwich department. Theirs comes with Tarter sauce. Although the patty from McDonalds is smaller than the one Bk serves. McDonalds also doesn't give lettuce, though I'm sure they would if you ask for it. They also don't serve Onion Rings.

So, although Burger King is my choice when it comes to a Burger, McDonalds wins the fish sandwich compition in my book.

Anybody else know where I can get a good fish sandwich?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not near you rwork, but New York Nick's downtown has a good one. And the best PoBoys are at Jerry's Cajun Cafe on 9th. As for your little slice of the world? Tuna at the Subway by WalMart? -shrugs-

1/18/2007 06:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorton's fish fillets, oven baked, on a roll that you take with you?

1/18/2007 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Harbormaster said...

We have good halibut sandwichs at the "Halibut House" restaurant here in Valdez! Not sure it's worth a special trip, but worthwhile for those already on a visit here.

1/18/2007 04:27:00 PM  
Blogger Beav said...

I'll have to agree with yo momma, here. It's a bit akin to what I did when I was at Corry. Kept a supply of chicken patties (tho fish would work quite well) in the little freezer they gave us. Nuke one, put a slice of cheese on it for the last 10 seconds, toss it on a bun with some mustard, and 'poof!' Instant lunch.

1/18/2007 06:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas, fish sandwiches tempt me not at all. I have friends who would kill for a chip butty though (thick cut hot chips in a roll). None of the nutrients of fish and about quadruple the calories.

1/19/2007 06:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

I haven't had a fish sandwhich in ages! Makes me think I should do a trip to the the golden arches. Unfortunately, no Burger Kings here so I can't compare.

1/20/2007 01:31:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am not a fish person myself, but I understand what you are saying. We seem to have a lot of fancy sandwiches at thee fast food places. Sometimes I just get the urge for a regular cheeseburger, fries and a milkshake. BK is the coice for burgers, but McDonald's beats everyone out on fries and milkshakes!

1/20/2007 08:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home