Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tortia Lines or America: the Country Everyone Loves to Hate!

There is a reason the people in my house duck for cover when I reach for the newspaper. For a while it got me banned from being allowed to read the paper. I tend to be a little opinionated and will share my beliefs loudly if I disagree with something or think it's just plain stupid.

Over time, I have worked hard at curbing these outburtst..but sometimes I see something that just drives me insane! Like a piece I read off of an AP wire the other day. Oh, they tried to hide it from me. It was only about a paragraph long and buried on like page 7 of the front section. Somehow I managed to zero in on it though.

Basicly it said that Tortia prices in Mexico are on the rise, and their goverment is blamming the U.S.. According to the article the U.S. supplies much of the corn used in Mexico, but the amount of corn we are shipping out is decreasing. This is apparently due to our rising use of Eythonal as an alternative to oil. So we get yelled at for being oil hungry, and then, when we start looking for means, we get yelled at for that too? OMG!!!

For those of you that heard me go off about this on the phone..I apologize, but apparently...I'm still bitter.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We could.... maybe send them a Burpee's catalog, so they could order their own corn seed?

1/17/2007 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Harbormaster said...

Likely we are only a convenient target for poor public planning.

1/18/2007 04:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home