Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Okay...another confession...

I love music. Classic, Motown, Jazz, Pop, Big Band, Swing..if it makes my heart beat, my head bob, my feet move, or paints a picture in my head..I love it. Most people think I'm strange cause there is very little I won't listen too..and even then..I've been proven wrong. Like saying "I don't like opera" then someone turned me on to Gilbert and Sulivan..and Rap..but then a song comes a long and I totally Grok it.

But I need help here. I want to change the song on my "myspace" for Valentines day. Two guesses what song I want....

So here is my problem the only artist I can think of who sang it is Ella Fitzgerald..and on her songs offered, the one I want isn't listed.

Who can think of who else did "My Funny Valentine"? and Frank, Wayne, and Harry are all out of the running.

Actually my love of song has almost gotten to me at work..I listen to the music pipping in, it's supposed to be nice calm music. Except I know the words to alot of the pieces they play and want to sing along. My co-workers have given me one or two strange looks as I catch myself bopping along and mouthing the words under my breath.

On the plus side..the music keeps Ward and Christine close to my heart most of the day..specially when Billy Joel's stanza's fill my head. Right now, just this moment..Harry is crooning sweet endearments in my ears...ahhhhh..Night ya'll.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Peggy K said...

Elvis Costello did a version of "Funny Valentine" too, but it's pretty much a crooner version.

2/07/2007 01:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wayne Newton?

2/07/2007 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Kappa no He said...

Hey, you have a myspace...me too! Let's be friends!

2/08/2007 02:02:00 AM  
Blogger Beav said...

A quick search on iTunes shows (among 150 hits) Miles Davis Quintet, Frankie, Michael Buble, Chet Baker, Ella, Elvis Costello, Barbara, Rod Stewart, Linda Ronstadt, Anita Baker, Tony Bennet, Sammy Davis Jr, ... The list goes on if none of these helps.

2/12/2007 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

Ahh but the problem my friend..it has to be on the "myspace" available play list. And Elvis Costello doesn't even have a play list :(

2/12/2007 07:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home