Tuesday, March 27, 2007

For your viewing pleasure, we now present.....

A couple of movies to present for your home video entertainment.

Flicka: I don't like remakes. I hate when they change things from the original book to make the movie. But, I loved this remake of "My Friend Flicka". I agreed to rent it for two reasons. 1) I have a 12 year old daughter and all though she is not "horse crazy" like I was, she wanted to see this. 2) I had a better chance of getting her to read the book if she had seen the movie( This trick worked with "Because of Winn Dixie" I had her read the book before watching the movie..she has read the book six times, I refuse to count how many times she's watched the movie)

None of the acting was over the top or cheesy as sometimes happens. I didn't cry during "Romeo and Juliet", I cried once to "old Yeller" and that was the first time I had ever seen it. I cried during "Flicka", my daughter cried, and I think the boys did a strange amount of throat clearing during quite a few scenes as well.

16 Blocks: Bruce Willis proves once again that he isn't just a smart ass, wise cracking, gun toting jock, but a talented actor that has the ability to make his characters real. Very few movies surprise me anymore. I can usually figure out who done it, with what, in what room and why fairly early into a movie. Not so with this one.

Flushed Away: If you have kids, they will probably make you rent this. If you use your older kids as an excuse to rent the new cartoon animated flicks you may want to hold off until you have seen everything else. The most endearing part of this movie to me was the singing slugs. Those little guys had me cracking up. Actually they made the movie for me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home