Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tag Lines....

Every person or group of friends has them. From Joey Tribiane's "How you doi'n?" to Sgt. Shultz's "I zee notin'g". Sometimes it's a line from a movie that will send your group of cohorts in to a giggle fest to rival that of a pre-teen sleepover. Or maybe it's a sentence that reminds you of a place or a time together. My eclectic group of friends has several of these. Some inside jokes can be shared with the masses such as the famous one liner "I smell plastic!"(plaz-tec). Uttered when one of my friends was rewiring his car radio.

We were all sitting around and in the car while he worked. Suddenly the over powering smell of burning plastic filled the car. He had wired it incorrectly and the wires were melting. Some wise guy cracked "I smell Plaz-tec!" and it stuck. When ever one of us does something lame brained that phrase is used.

At closing time the other day, my phone suddenly vibrated. I opened it to receive a text message from one of my best friends. All it said was "Wait for it." I busted out laughing. And what had been, a truely, terrible, horrible, very bad day, became suddenly more bearable and not so horrible.

I, of course, couldn't explain to my co-workers why I had suddenly burst into laughter (That inside joke, must and will remain an "inside" joke). I quickly exited stage left and called her back. Turns out she needed to laugh. She sent me something she knew would make me laugh so that she could.

My point is, take the time to let those you care about know that you are thinking of them. Even if all you do is text or e-mail a one line phrase guaranteed to make them smile. Who knows maybe it will make you smile too.

So to those of mine out there shooting Pepsi,Mountain Dew, or some other strange quaff out their nose at the "Wait for it" line: "Top of the Morn'n to ya", "You see there's this tree", "I've been robbed", and "Put the dog down Damion" to each and every one of you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kappa no He said...

"He used a walnut"

Okay, tht is a family one. I think I'll spring it on them later today. Haven't used it in awhile.

3/02/2007 11:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home