Friday, March 02, 2007

Well, I searched the world over, and thought I'd found true love, You met another and ppfht you was gone!

The time has come, once more, to look into that carnivorous hole I call a closet and yell to the world at large "I have nothing to wear!".

Which in and of it's self is not a true statement. I have several long heavy skirts, and a few dresses. My problem is two fold. The first is functionality. I started my job in winter. So, of course, bought "winter" skirts. Two of my "Winter" skirts can make it through the spring and one of the two possibly all year long. One is a knee length grey wool. The other, a knee length black polyester blend. So not so bad. More light weight tops and maybe a nice Khaki will round out that issue.

The real problem is shoes. I didn't rival Emelda Marcos but I did have. 1 pair strappy sexy black heels, 1 pair strappy sexy grey heels, 1 pair of sensible navy pumps, 1 pair black sensible pumps, 1 pair cream sling backs, 1 pair black flats.

Then along came Holly. I now have: 1 pair strappy sexy grey heels(that can only be worn about once every two weeks due to not being able to walk if worn more often than that for 8 hours straight), 1 pair sensible navy pumps(very little navy in my closet) and 1 pair black flats (which would be fine if they were tradtional flats, but are really a square toed dress slider..does not look good with every skirt when you have small tree trunks for ankles. Great for pants, bad for skirts)

I tried locking my shoes up in the closet after the sling backs bought the farm, but alas she has figured out how to open the bedroom door, and the other half not so good at keeping the closet door shut. I always shut the closet door, it's another phobia I have, but that's a different blog. All I can say about that is "Tank you Mr. King"

Fifty billion stuffed animals and squeaky toys and hard rubber rolly things, she wants my shoes! It's not even that she is eating the whole shoe. That I could understand. In the case of the strappies and the sling backs, she only ate the straps. Little tip. Black electrical tape used to hold the strap together again in an attempt to salvage the shoe for one more day, because you found it's broken strap as you were already dressed and trying to walk out the door, doesn't work. As for the sensible black pumps? She only took a polite bite out of the back..of one, the other, prestine condition.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kappa no He said...

Maybe she just hates pumps. She wants you to wear mules! I'm jealous though. You know my situation and shoes. Ha ha.

3/03/2007 04:59:00 PM  
Blogger Bk30 said...

LOL, yeah at least I can find shoes in my size, with out having to special order. Although both my teens are now size 14! not a size most shoe stores here even stock.

3/03/2007 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger Beav said...

Be careful, or they'll end up like Ron. If I remember right, he wears a 16. The only time he ever found some in a store, they had bought them for display!

3/04/2007 06:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure, but I think thats the first sign of a dieing dog. Have you tried to find a shoe repair shop? and a cage for the pooch?

3/05/2007 12:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home