Thursday, September 27, 2007

Birthday plans(?)

I bet you thought I had left forever? It's okay, I was starting to wonder myself.
Remember those plans, of plugging in by sitting outside with pad and pen? Yeah, that never happened. So what did happen? Life. I have started a new life, or maybe I've just picked up an old one. A life that includes me, my kids, my dog, and my cat. But that isn't what this post is about.

No this post is about Birthday plans. My Birthday happens to be about 6 months away. Normally (translation- in my old life)this would pass with out much fuss or bother as it has for about the past 17 years. Maybe a card from the kids and calls from my extended family. Oh, and a race for the phone between my brother-in-law and me, to see who can call who first and wish the other a Happy Birthday. This year I want to do things a little differently. Not only am I starting a new life, but it is my 35th. So to that end I want a big party. But more than a party for me...I want to through my loving Bubba a Roast.

At a family dinner this week, my loving Bubba said something to pick on me. I don't remember what was said, but it was good enough to earn this response from me. "Oh, you are so having a roast for your birthday."
To which my daughter innocently replies, " Not me, I want BBQ Ribs!"

After I quit choking on my soda, and laughter, I did explain what a roast was. To this she said under her breath "yeah, well I still want ribs."

5 Comments:

Blogger Kappa no He said...

BBQ ribs indeed! I'd rather have them than a "roast" too. Cute! But what a great idea for a birthday. I'd have never thought of that. Boy, he's gonna be in for it!

9/28/2007 02:32:00 AM  
Blogger Beav said...

Make it hurt! (his sides, of course) And I'm with the little one...I want ribs.

9/28/2007 05:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how you could ever come up with enough material on Fred to be able to roast him! He's so serious all the time! I can see why you're getting started now!

So, will there be famous comedians?

Do we get to do you too?

0:)

9/29/2007 03:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this one, "There's alot of Fred to roast!"

10/01/2007 04:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I want ribs too, lol :)
Drac

10/06/2007 11:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home