Saturday, October 06, 2007

It's Movie Review time...

I don't watch as many movies lately as I have in the past, but I did get a chance to catch two Dvd's last weekend.

Lucky You- The story takes place in Las Vegas, an up and coming poker player, keeps falling short of his ultimate goal. To play and win in the World Series Poker Tournament. Just as he is about to reach his goal, he meets the girl of his dreams. But will he have to choose between her and poker? The movie was touted as being a romance, but I didn't find it very romantic. Plenty of star power behind the movie, Drew Barrymore, Robert Duval, Jean Smart, and numerous professional poker players, playing themselves. To me this movie wasn't so much a romance as a relationship movie. And not between the guy and the girl, but between the boy and his father. I did like the movie and not just because is had poker in it! I was disappointed that the hype building up the movie wasn't really what the movie was about. Still on a scale 1-10, I give it a 6.


Next- No seriously, that's the name of the movie. Again this takes place in Vegas. Nicolas Cage, Julianne Moore, and Jessica Beal star in this action/suspense jewel. A psychic playing at being a magician inadvertently catches the interest of the FBI, or at least one observant agent, that wants his help in finding terrorist that have taken a nuclear warhead. Chris Johnson (Cage) is trying to avoid getting roped in by the Government but track down the mystery girl (Jessica Beal) he saw in a vision, that he is convinced could be "The One". Listen close on some of the dialog or you might miss some suttle jokes thrown in here and there. You know those lovely one liners that I adore. Plenty of action and just the right amount of romance and comedy to please just about everyone in the family. But there is some adult situations so use your own discretion. I give this movie a 8& 1/2.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kappa no He said...

Those sound fun! I wonder if they even have them here in the video rental joint. I'll check. I promised myself I'd watch one movie a week (find the time) and I have still yet to stick to it. Although I did watch "Snatch" a month ago and loved it! Now that is Brad Pitt in his element.

10/09/2007 06:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home